Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Discover Digital Photography


I've started a blog to document my journey into my renewed interest in photography. My interest in photography started back in 1982. During that timeframe I processed a lot of B&W photos. I was fortunate enough to be the Command Photographer during my first 2 duty stations in the Navy, so that provided me with access to the command's dark room. My interest in photography floundered after my Cannon AE1 died. I was unable to find the money to replace my camera and as a result for several years I didn't do any photography. Finally, my interest was renewed when I started using Adobe Photoshop 3.0 in 1995. Soon after that came digital cameras and the opportunity to take photos on travels and at family events. Just within the last couple of years have I returned to my interest in digital photography as an art. With the purchase of a Cannon Rebel XT several years ago, I've been taking photos continuously. Now, I teach basic digital photography at the College of Southern Maryland, which pays for buying new equipment.

This blog is a location for me to share and discuss all things related to digital photography. It also serves as a vehicle to motivate me to keep shooting and to track my progress in the discovery of digital photography. It also gives me a chance to build relationships with other photographers and friends. But the bottom line is "I want this to be fun!"

No comments: